Monday, March 8, 2010

Finally finished with the drapes



I've learned that a project like this is like construction...(building a house) it always takes more money and longer than expected. but they are done and that is wonderful. I've been working on these drapes literally since Christmas. I know that is sad, but some of it I couldn't do by myself, and I had to go and use a special machine that I could only use on Mondays. So between getting babysitters so I could work on the drapes at my friend's house, and sewing while Mark was taking his nap, I finally finished them and it is such a relief. So here are the pictures, but they really don't do them justice. It always looks like the light is so bright... Let's face it... windows are hard to take pictures of. Oh and Mom, don't worry I also took a picture of Mark today and stuck him at the end for you! Can't wait to see you this summer.
This picture makes me realise it is time to get a new couch.

The style is a called goblet pleated drapes. You stuff the top pleats with paper stuff to keep the shape. I just used toilet paper. DOnt you just love the fringe?
What a cutie!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Wow Holly, your drapes are amazing - very elegant. I'm impressed. And where did Mark get all that hair??? He's been growing up - no fair!

Jennifer said...

Oh Holly they look so awesome. What an awesome job you did. Love the colors you pick.

Sarah McM said...

Great work! Mark steals the show, though, sorry. His cute face always wins me over!!

Lloyd Family said...

FUN, they look nice Holly. Glad you were able to finish them. See you soon.

Amber said...

Wow! I love your curtains - and of course I had to scroll around to see if I could find other pictures of your other curtains. You are skilled! :) I've been working on some baby quilts - and I sware I will never sew again after I have finished each one.

And your son is so cute holly! :)