These are what we have to choose from:
Benson.
like Ezra Taft Benson. This is one of the 1st ones I thought of.
Benjamin.
like the king in the Book of Mormon, and my cousin.
Ezra.
like Ezra Taft Benson and a cute nursery kid in our ward, who helps out a lot.
Jeffery.
Like Jeffery R. Holland and Adam's mission comp who he liked. Elder Jeffery.
Lincoln.
like the 16th president, who is my favorite... and everyone else's
Joseph.
ok, there are too many Josephs, I am sure you know all of them,
Samuel.
the boy prophet in the bible, & the Lamanite on the wall, who spoke from his heart.
Tristan.
Adam's mission president's son who spent a lot of time with Adam.
I really like all of them. We will most likely have more boys, so we might be using many of these names. who knows? As far as middle names we will use a family name, but it kinda depends on which one sound good with the first name we end up picking.
Help us pick! What ones do you guys like/don't like, and why?
11 comments:
I like Jeffery because its a good name and still has a flattering nickname-Jeff. I know a lot of good Jeff's. I think Benson is also cute...personally I don't like bible/scriptural names. Or even church related. Hard to explain, I just don't--its over done and tacky in my opinion...and who knows the kid could end up hating it and maybe never being active...(not because of the name of course...) But why not let the kid create his own destiny/history with his own name?? You know? He doesn't need to be named after someone else's great history in order to be great--he's capable of doing that by himself. I don't know...I'm funny with names. I like Tristan too, but it would sound great to have a Mark and Jeff (Jeffery) :) Sorry---way too much opinion sometimes!
I really like Benson and Tristan the best.
I really like Benson and Lincoln. They're really cute names for a little boy, but they're also good strong names for when he's an adult.
McKay and I LOVE last names as first names - we're planning on using Maxwell and Holland for boys. So I love all your last name ideas. I also really like Ezra. Very cool - and who doesn't love a name with a Z in it! Best of luck!
My votes are Ezra and Benson, though I don't LOVE the A at the end of Ezra bumping into the A in Anderson. You know, Ezraanderson... But I still like the name.
I vote Benson or Albert. You have lots of good ones to pick from. Archibald is an old McMullin family name..........:) or Mahonri? Barack? I know a family with a Rowan and a Liam> Great to hear all your news!
My votes are for Benson and Jeffrey. I think I agree with Sarah about the "a's" matching up, but I do like Ezra. It's becoming more and more popular. We've got two Ezras at Cypress, a girl and a boy. Great selection of names!
i thought i put my vote here but maybe not, Lincoln is a great name!
Cute names!! I know a very cute little boy named Benson- and my brother's middle name is Ezra, good picks!!
Post a Comment