Our little girl was born on September 29th 2012 at 9:00 AM. She was 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19 inches tall. I went to the hospital around 5AM and while I was in labor I had a really really painful contraction....and I mean really bad. All of a sudden I went from no pain, to the worst pain I've ever experienced. I yelled for Adam to get the nurse. When he came back with her, I had become unresponsive. I was coughing up white stuff and my eyes rolled up in the back of my head. The baby's heart rate was way low and though we don't really know why, I was unconscious for about 3 minutes, until Adam gave me a blessing. That is what I remember, hearing his voice, and suddenly I was surrounded by a lot of people. It took all my concentration just to focus on breathing from the oxygen mask they had given me.
It was pretty traumatic for us and after a few tests proving that I didn't have a heart attack, seizer, or blood clot in my lung, we ended up getting the baby out with a C-section. I spent some time in the ICU and little Marie spent some time in the NICU. She also had ABO Incompatibility, so even though her blood type, A+ was fine with my 0+, my blood type didn't like hers and made antibodies to fight it off. Well, my antibodies got into her system and started fighting off her own blood type, so that wasn't good. But after a blood infusion she gradually got a little less yellow, and we were able to spend the last night together in the normal hospital room. We are both doing very well now and are happy to be home and healthy. :)
We had her two week appointment today, and she has gained almost a whole pound! She is a good eater and has been a sweet little newborn. She is wide awake and alert when she is awake, and sleeps like a rock when she is sleeping.
Just an hour after she was born
Mark and Benson welcome home their new little sister!
Marie Eleanor Anderson
These are the quilts I just finished for the boys' bunk beds.
Benson's is the green one and Mark's is the blue one.





2 comments:
Sweet little Marie! She's a keeper. Give your boys a big hug from Grandma Sheri. Hopefully I'll be seeing them soon for Marie's blessing
I need to give you all the photos all took while I was there. I'll email some of my favs. I sure miss those cute kids! Hope you are all doing well
Post a Comment